Thursday, February 17, 2022

Some Belated Valentines

Anybody remember Teen Girl Squad? I do. Every Valentine's Day.

"Valentimes is serious times!" (A video!)

Here, have some of my favorite internet Hallmark Holiday giggles.

May be an image of text that says 'Roses are red. that much is true, but violets are purple, not fucking blue, I have been waiting for this post all my life. They are indeed purple. But one thing you ve missed The concept of purple" Didn't always exist. Some cultures lack names For color, you see. Hence good old Homer And his wine-dark sea. A usage so quaint, A phrasing so old, For verses of romance Is sheer fucking gold. So roses are red. Violets once were called blue. I'm hugely pedantic But what else is new? by u/Dja3ba' 

 King Richard III, a romantic after all these years.. : r/funny 

Okay, that one needs some explanation. Probably. King Richard III, involved in the Wars of the Roses between the houses of York (white rose) and Lancaster (red rose), killed his nephews in the Tower of London to help secure his succession to the throne, and in 2012 his actual remains were unearthed when a parking lot in Leicester was being torn up. You're welcome.

Are you alone on Valentines Day? - Jokofy Pictures 

Valentine's day | Comics 

And finally, I discovered this one this year, and it's fabulous! 

Valentine's Day Gifts from Famous Fictional Men (A very silly 'list-icle'!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...