Thursday, February 24, 2022

What a world...

So there was SWAT team activity outside my office the other day. 

 Our CEO popped out of his office, where he had been on a conference call with our IT director who lives in the apartments directly across the road from our office building, and proceeded to the front door while telling us there was an active shooter situation in the apartments, and he was going to lock the door. Then he got to the door, looked out, saw that the SWAT team had already arrived, and said, "Oh. Never mind. Police are here. All good."

AND NOT. A SINGLE. PERSON. IN THE OFFICE. BATTED AN EYELASH.

We're immune to it. Immune. It's so commonplace that we barely even look up anymore.

Humanity is kinda fucked up.

EDIT, 2/24 AM: Oh, look. The news. Thanks for proving my point. Jesus tits on a lawnmower. WE are why we can't have nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...