Thursday, July 7, 2022

The Annual Rant

This is the time of year when I traditionally tell those of us who reside in the US to go to our rooms and think about what we've done. And hoo-boy have we been out of line this year! Between SCOTUS going to shit and people being increasingly less tolerant and accepting of, well, pretty much anything, plus all the nonsense we're managing to contribute to in the far corners of the world, we have very little whatsoever to be proud about.

And yet, and yet, a good portion of the population still turned out to do their flag-waving. The sheer balls we manage to exhibit in full view of the people we marginalize and terrorize and otherwise are particularly nasty to will never cease to amaze me.

Yes, okay, it could be so very much worse. I acknowledge that. I appreciate that. But at the rate we're going, it won't be long before we're in 'so very much worse' territory. The worst part is that I'm not sure we'll notice before it's too late. It can be pervasive. It won't all be as obvious as some of the more recent developments.

Doom and gloom, doom and gloom.

Moral: Be nice to people. It doesn't cost anything to be kind. If you're a protester, protest safely. If, like me, you're not suited to the crowds and the noise, write letters, sign petitions, and chuck money at the things that concern you and those you love, and the things that don't concern you and those you love, because someone else loves them.

And DON'T BE A DICK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...