Thursday, July 14, 2022

And we're back!

Well, sort of.

Between my pinched nerve, emergency ballet rehearsals at the Thursday Studio, and assorted breaks in class scheduling, I haven't been doing much in the way of dancing recently. This week, though, I'm back to tapping twice a week.

Now, don't get it into your heads that I'm back to normal--I'm nowhere near it. I still don't have full range of motion or full control of my right leg. For everyday purposes, this isn't much of an issue. If I were any other person, I'd be thrilled at my progress and the fact that I'm able to lead a perfectly normal life with minimal difficulty, even with the fact that the root cause of the issue is still very much on the mend. But I'm not any other person. I'm me.

I'm a dancer who hasn't been able to dance since April.

Between the pinched nerve, the ongoing battle with Kaiser about removal of my baby-making parts, and the fact that my job has an expiration date, I'm sure you can imagine that I haven't been the happiest little bunny recently. Exercise and endorphins and whatnot, you know. And with dancing being the biggest portion of my social activity, there was suddenly a distinct lack of quality humans involved in my day-to-day. And y'all know it has to have been grating on me if I--the introverts' introvert--am moaning about a lack of people.

So I can tap again. This is good. Not to my usual standard, mind you, but well enough to get by. Twice a week is better than nothing. And there will be people I enjoy. The thing is, though...I have no idea how long it's going to be before I can do more than this, and that's frustrating. I know it's no good dwelling on it. This is going to heal when it heals and not before. That's how these things work. You have to give your body the time to do its job. I should mention that I finally had an MRI, which showed disc bulge between my L4 and L5, and my L5 and S1. This wasn't at all surprising, though it was nice to have it confirmed that it wasn't anything worse. It won't require surgery. I could possibly get a steroid injection, but that means yet more bureaucratic bullshit with Kaiser.  We'll see if I manage to win that battle.

In the meantime, I wait. And wait. And wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...