Thursday, May 19, 2022

Look, Ma! No hands!

Okay, so I'm covering two desks at work this week because one of my teammates is on vacation, which means that I haven't got a single brain cell to spare. They were all used up by lunchtime on Monday. So you're not going to get much out of me this week. It's difficult to find the motivation to churn out something clever or insightful or funny or thoughtful or any of those other marks of which I fall short every week when you've used up all your gray matter at your day job.

It is what it is, ya know?

I will offer you this gem, however.

As I was on my way to the office on Tuesday morning, I passed a teenage boy on his bicycle. He was cycling without holding the handle bars. Now, this is a feat of balance that many bicycle riders learn to achieve, so that wasn't unusual or noteworthy in and of itself. Heck, a kid I went to high school with rode his bike to school like that every day. "There goes [dude] again, riding with no hands." No, what gave me pause was what I saw as I pulled up alongside him on my way past. 

This kid was riding his bicycle with no hands and with his full attention on his phone. 

I swear to you he was mid-text or something. I can't decide if I'm impressed or appalled. I mean, props to him for being able to do the two things at once, but...really?

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...