Thursday, July 15, 2021

Barrel scrapings

I'm sitting here with my caprese panini and a glass of wine after an extraordinarily tiresome day at the office, and I'm spinning my mental wheels trying to come up with something amusing or insightful to write about...but I'm coming up short.

I was always a lurker on social media, but in the last year I've become increasingly more...lurksome? Less involved than I was before, which wasn't really all that involved to begin with. Bang goes that source of inspiration. I'm still not going out and about with much frequency, so that's no good either. Apart from the odd week when I get maudlin and introspective it's starting to be a struggle. I'm sure it will pass. There will be a day when I can get hilariously irate about something insignificant, or I have some sudden epiphany about life, or someone really gets on my sodding wick, but right now...? We're just cruising, aren't we? It's not so bad.

I can recommend caprese paninis, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...