Thursday, July 8, 2021

Adventure is out there!

 Very small, safe adventures. There are still very nasty germs out there, too, you know.

 Yes, I voluntarily left the house recently! And went somewhere 'unnecessary'! Because I wanted to, and I could! I trekked over to Oakland to get a professional pointe shoe fitting. Yes, I already have pointe shoes--two pairs, in fact--but neither of them is really doing it for me, so I figured I'd let someone with more expertise have a go. One existing pair was recommended to me by my ballet teacher from my high school years because we have very similar feet and they work for her. They're okay, but their width sizing doesn't exactly work for me. Now that they're worn in a bit, I'm sinking in them, but if I go down a width I'll squish myself to death. The other existing pair is a pair of the same model I wore from age 16 through college which, at the time, was My Perfect Shoe. It still feels good, but I thought I could do better, so off to Oakland I went.

 With my pal P.V.!

 You remember P.V., the one who always got over-excited by vegetables with purple varietals. She used to figure in most of my adventures, and was also a semi-permanent fixture on my sofa. Then COVID happened and we didn't get to do anything together for a year and only certain things together until we were both vaccinated but we're both good to go now and holy hell do we have a lot of adventuring to make up! This trip was a good start.

  I'm still not going to be out gallivanting for no good reason anytime soon, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...