Thursday, March 10, 2022

Hoo-ray.

I just had the most entertaining experience.

I had a 5-9 PM delivery window on my groceries. 9:30 rolled around, and...no groceries. So I called the customer service number to say, "Um...so...where my apples at, yo?"

And the dude.

Who answered the call.

Was a dead ringer for Droopy Dog.

Does anyone else remember Droopy Dog? The basset hound who had shorts in the old Tom and Jerry hours. The character was created by Tex Avery and was originally voiced by Bill Thompson, who you may remember as the voice of the White Rabbit in Disney's 1951 Alice in Wonderland, or possibly as the world-weary park ranger from that old favorite, In The Bag

::sings:: Pick the paper up, put it in the bag, bump-bump...

His voice was just slightly more like Droopy than those other characters, though, which was delightful. I could just imagine Grocery Delivery Customer Service Dude sitting in his cubicle after completing a call, saying, "You know what? That caller said they'd take the survey. Hoo-ray," and waving a tiny flag. I have no idea if he was doing it on purpose or not--not that I'd blame him one bit if he was, you've got to liven that sort of job up somehow--but it really made my evening. 

And let's face it, when your groceries don't arrive on time, the least the people whose fault it is can do is provide you with some entertainment while you reschedule your delivery. Hoo-ray. ::waves tiny flag::

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/i/53a3b87d-3a19-4091-bcc4-5783b3d01364/daro98j-05c9362f-2835-450f-8bdc-43ce9f22c121.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...