Thursday, February 18, 2021

Ho hum...

I've been flippant the last few weeks, and I feel like I owe you something insightful for a change, but since there's very little actually happening in my little partially-purposefully-sheltered corner of the world, there's really not much besides flippancy to be had at the moment.

I know we're all sick and tired of being sick and tired. We've been at this nonsense for almost a year now. To say it's wearing a bit thin would be an understatement. But what can you do?

The best you can with what you have, that's what you can do.

I've stopped shouting at myself for not doing things when I don't have the bandwidth. If no one will die if I don't do whatever it is, then it's okay not to do it until I feel like I can. We're all operating with fewer spoons than normal, so there's no point allocating the few that we still have to things that aren't make-or-break.

I've stopped getting annoyed with myself when art projects don't quite turn out the way I'd like. It's a bit specific, yes, but I'm done being uptight about it. Whatever goes on the page goes on the page. I can always do it again--and I'll have learned from having done it the first time.

I haven't stopped finding dancing in my living room significantly less fulfilling than dancing in a proper studio, but like I said, it's what you do with what you have. And what I have is an internet connection and a living room. Well, a bit of space inside my front door that is both living and dining room, and I move a few things around. It works well enough.

I haven't stopped wishing I could see real people face to face (beyond my coworkers, anyway).

And I've had a very strong craving for frozen yogurt.

Ah, well. It is what it is, isn't it? We'll keep plodding along, and hopefully something nice will happen.

Right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...