Thursday, June 25, 2020

Thoughts I Have Had This Week

Did you ever notice how the skin at your fingertips is strangely translucent? Like, if you’re sitting in the car at a stoplight and you happen to be facing into the sun and you stretch your hands out where they’re resting at the top of the steering wheel, the light comes through at the tips of your fingers and they glow. No? Nobody else? Just me? Okay.

One of the girls in the office is definitely an Anne Shirley. I have decided that this must make me a Laura Ingalls. No reason, that’s just how it is.

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? Who do you think you are, Cinderella?

I thought it might be safe to slowly venture back into social media this week. I was wrong.

I loaned my copy of Good Omens to a friend. Now I’m just waiting to see if he picks up on the not-so-subtle subtext.

Goodwill is taking donations again! I can finally get rid of some shit!

When we find jellyfish washed up on the tideline, did they die before they get washed ashore, or were they washed ashore to die? ← This was actually someone else’s thought, but it turned into a discussion in which I took part, so I’m claiming participation. I don’t think we came to a satisfactory conclusion on the matter. I see how it could very easily be both ways. Schrodinger’s Jellyfish?

I can fit an entire hard boiled egg in my mouth and eat it without either splattering my dining companion or choking to death. This information is brought to you by the fact that I had to eat a hard boiled egg with hands that were only marginally clean at best, so I opted for the “low touch” method. It wasn’t pretty, but it worked.

We’re playing that “guess which obscure fact belongs to which co-worker” game at the office. I considered making my fact, “The details of my life are a government secret. If I told you, I’d have to shoot you.” In the end, I opted not to submit a fact at all.

I possess a bit of ‘emergency storage’ in my anatomy. I was taught this by a comedian. I suspect lots of other people found out this way, too. Educate yourself HERE.

One of my neighbors plays the drums. The drums are not a solo instrument.

My ponytail managed to end up looking like I had a palmier sitting on top of my head. If I had been aiming for that, it never would have happened.

That’s pretty much it. Hope you’re all well and safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...