Thursday, March 26, 2020

Thursday, 26th March

Sorry, kids, I’m just not up to it at the moment. My anxiety is through the roof and my brain is attempting to combat it by making me want to do nothing but sleep, so my bandwidth for much of anything else is slim.

That said, I know that there are loads of people out there on the internet doing really cool things right now. Museums are doing free virtual tours. Creative people are making their work available at a discount and sometimes for free. My fabulous fourth grade teacher is doing a daily singalong video on Facebook.

I did a storytime read-aloud over the weekend, actually, but I’m wary of the Copyright Police catching wind of it if I do too many--or a book that’s too popular--so though I plan to do more of them, I’ll keep them to a minimum, or to books that are older or out of print and hope that the various authors’ estates aren’t trawling for people to shout at…

Anyway, if you go and look for it, you’ll find some really lovely stuff to help chase away the ‘the world is spinning out of control and I don’t know who to listen to any more and I’m lonely and trying really hard to keep myself and my loved ones safe but I’m scared shitless and that’s not really helpful insofar as the whole living my life thing is concerned’ wibblies I know we’re all suffering to a greater or lesser extent.

I’m just not going to be super helpful in that department this week. I’m sorry. Maybe next week, yeah?

I love you. Be safe. Stay inside.

And wash your friggin’ hands. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

::does best ostrich impression::

So, I've been saying how everything is kind of a lot right now, right? I think I need to take a week or two off. I'm not in a good p...